So there is no surprise that I really like all kinds of dairy substitutes and I like to makes those myself.
It is so much cheaper, fresher and more convenient this way. Oat mylk is one of the easiest ones to make and probably the cheapest one as well. It goes great in smoothies, coffee, cereal and while baking as well.
It literally requires just 3 ingredients and it’s done in minutes
For oat mylk you will need:
1 cup of oats
3 cups of water
2 table spoons of maple syrup
- Wash oats and leave to soak in a warm water for 2 hours or overnight
- Drain oats and add to food processor, pour water on top and blend everything together for 1-2 mins.
- Let this mixture sit for 2 minutes and then strain using strainer
- Let it sit for 2 more minutes and then strain it again, just to make sure that non of the pulp is in the mylk.
- Add 2 table spoons of maple syrup and mix everything. Maple syrup gives that nice hint of sweetness and makes oat mylk taste much more vibrant
- Add to the bottle and refrigerate
This makes 750ml of mylk and you can easily refrigerate it for 3-4 days before it goes bad.
Hope you will try this easy breezy and healthy recipe