Winter continues and so does soup season in our house. This pumpkin soup is sweet with just a hint of spiciness. It’s super easy to make, warming and delicious.
There are only few ingredients and It takes no time to make. This is a perfect lunch or dinner option, light and very good for you, yet filling and comforting.
For this soup you will need:
700 grams of pumpkin
5 small potatoes
Small piece of fresh ginger (about the size of a thumbnail)
200ml of coconut milk
2 cubes of veggie stock
Salt and pepper to taste
- Peal both potatoes and pumpkin. Chop into small cubes.
- Add water just enough to cover veggies, about 1L should be enough.
- Bring it to the boil and add veggie stock cubes. Boil for around 10mins.
- Finely chop ginger and add to the soup
- Boil for 10 more minutes or until veggies are completely soft
- Blend everything with a hand blender and add coconut milk
- Warm for few more minutes, add salt and pepper if needed
Super easy, super quick and super delicious soup in under 30 min. Ginger gives that soft tangy taste which works perfectly with pumpkin and coconut milk sweetness. This soup is really warming and that bright orange colour reminds that spring is not too far away!