I love, love, love sushi! But I can’t make perfect sushi rice to save my life. Japanese rice are the hardest ones to work with and for me it always was a struggle.
It’s either to sticky, too loose or still hard when I make it. So this raw sushi ‘rice’ is such a great alternative for regular rice. Plus you don’t need to boil rice and wait for it to cool down, so it makes the process so much faster.
You will need:
5 nori sheets
Sushi rolling mat
Any veggies of your preference. I used avocado, cucumber, bell pepper and carrots
100 grams of sunflower seeds
400 grams of cauliflower
1 table spoon of vegetable oil
Dash of salt
- Soak sunflower seeds for few hours or overnight
- Cut cauliflower in little chunks and add to the food processor
- Add soaked sunflower seeds, vegetable oil and pinch of salt
- Pulse everything until it forms rice like consistency
- Cut veggies of your choice into long thin stripes
- Lay sushi rolling map, add nori sheet rough side up
- Add cauliflower rice on top so it covers two thirds of the sheet
8.Add veggies and roll as a normal sushi
9.After you have sushi “sausage” wet your hands and run thought it, to make it just a little bit more moist
10.Leave to sit for 10 minutes and chop into the bite size pieces
And that’s it, your raw vegan sushi is done! I serve it like a regular sushi with wasabi and soy sauce. It easy to make, delicious and perfect as a quick and healthy sushi option!